Friday, December 29, 2006

Winter Activities

I went yesterday for a walk with my youngest sister and my dad in the city... Here in Bratislava, there are many places to walk, including a whole park sprawled over the hills Bratislava sprung up around. Koliba is the hill we chose to climb, despite the fact that the weather grew frigid overnight. I know in this country we like to "get out in the nature" a lot, but even so I found myself rather surprised at the number of faces we passed on the way.

At the top, you could not see a thing for the clouds--in fact, if we walked a few meters away from each other, we could barely see one another!

















Of course, having reached the top, we enjoyed a little rest... There is a nice little overgrown kiosk at the top, with a log-cabin like room off to the side complete with picnic tables and a fireplace. We very happily settled down there with our kofola and varene vino, as well as my hot-dog with jemne (sweet) ketchup before heading back down again.

















200 SKK (Slovak Krown) bill... we have beautiful money here in Slovakia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home