Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Transitions...(da-da-da-DUM)

It is always a pit-filled road to wholeness, I think.

Interpretation: adjusting to a new place is awfully hard in ways you don't expect.

I find myself entering that phase when I want to connect but I don't at the same time, for fear of disconnecting elsewhere... At that phase when I am almost angry with people in the elsewhere for moving on without me, and angry with myself for moving in the first place. And somehow still excited about it all... Just lonely and homesick despite the fact of being with friends and...at home?

Such a funny world...

This week is so full of work; today is about 14+ hours. I am working for a transition programme for international students and TCKs...tomorrow I am supposed to run a seminar on dealing with grief and goodbyes.

That should be interesting, and I'm not convinced I'm the one for the job.

But as Shakespeare wrote, "say so, and so be!"

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so now that the seminar has passed, and time has allowed some processing to take place and reflect on the seminar on grieving which you led, how do you feel it went? Did you see you were talking to yourself as well as the group? These things happen as God does not wait for us to be prepared before He calls us into His service. At times, that is His way of talking to us, and growing us. jgh

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Atho- I don't think I've read any of your blogs/writings since...Kenya? Uganda? It was good to catch up a little and see how all of that traveling went for you. And I could understand so well when you wrote 'how do you pack 9 months into 2 measley bags', and then I had a vision of you totally wrapped in gazillions of clothes on the plane so that you could everything to the US! :)

I also can read in your lines many of the same things that we talked so much about last semester- things that are still on your mind, and never far from mine, either. I continue to pray for you!

And I miss you dearly!
Abadaso

 

Post a Comment

<< Home