Saturday, December 08, 2007

One of Those Days...

Do you ever have one of those days, when everything seems to either go wrong, or just not really go anywhere at all? Because this was certainly one of them for me.

I don't think it was a particularly bad day. In fact, it started out lovely with a breakfast at my host family's house. Grapefruit, french toast, oatmeal, and a Christmas present all on top of good company. That was a good start indeed!

But after that... nothing really seemed to get done! Work on this paper... but cannot figure it out. What to write on? How to analyze a film--author based or text based interpretation? What film?! I watched one... and I'm still stuck in between, finding not enough of something for anything.

So I worked on my notebook for nutrition, finding, reading, and summarising articles. The only problem with that is, there are so many pitiful articles out there, and finding the good ones is ridiculous. And then to read and summarise ten of them? I'll be happy to get one good one that I can feel true satisfaction from.

And then there is my computer. Now I know that I am not the best person to own a computer. I fail to understand, let alone carry out, all the proper ways to care for them. ("Computers need rest just like us, you know," a computer-minded friend just told me as he gaped at my poor baby and proceeded to shut her off...) But my computer is just being plain irritable. It won't work. It shuts down. It freezes. It closes my applications. It moves at a pace of about one slight scroll per two minutes. Ridiculous, I tell you. Even when I restart it... it still does that. I need to get it reimaged. I need to get more space on it. But I have to save all my stuff first and have no equipment to do that with. ...And who has time to save things to CDs when half the amount of what I have now took 30 disks?!

It's exams time! It's life! And I need an external hard-drive desperately.

Oh yes. Let us conclude the frustrations of NOTHING being accomplished by the fact that I happened for once to check the menu for the cafeteria tonight and saw that it was STEAK AND SHRIMP night. I am craving steak right now (sorry to you vegetarians...), and I was so excited I decided to make myself presentable and go down... Only to discover that they moved the meal an hour earlier due to a concert and failed to convey that to those of us who live, meat-less, off campus. So... no dinner tonight. No meat, no nothing.

I was ready to make a good deal of protests when I discovered that fact.

So here I am at the end of my -it's-final's-week-and-i've-way-too-much-to-do-and-i'm-exhausted-and-stressed-and-hungry rant. And I'm saying, forget it all! It can be done. Later. All tomorrow. And all tomorrow night. That's right. I've actually got an all-nighter scheduled into my planner! (so sad!)

And meanwhile, I might just go out for some fresh air and a walk in the snow, and stop in on a Christmas party bash in one of the guy's dorms and if still necessary, go to bed early to rid myself of the sourness of this day.

And I shall fall asleep knowing that in less than a week, I shall be back in Europe once more. Home sweet home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home