Friday, October 19, 2007

October Break

October break has arrived at last, and the campus has relaxed with the departure of most students. But I have decided I am ready to go somewhere, too... I just don't know where or how.
One sister is out holidaying in Ohio. One sister is out recuperating in Pennsylvannia. The rest of my family is--I believe--all in Slovakia, but possibly elswhere as well; who knows?

But I miss all of them. And I should love very much to see them again.

When I think about my first year here, I shudder. No Skype? Thank God for Skype! Same for the strange but wondrous workings of globally situated, local phones!

What I would love to do today is spend my time in a bookstore--bookstore, NOT library, please note--and then slowly enjoy a thick, rich hotchocolate (or other "real" drink) and leisurly munch my way through a lososovy bagel from Coffee & Co. And then I would go home and cuddle up with my brother and sister and we'd have a good laugh (undoubtedly about something absolutely random) and tease the dog and get our wodnerful parents (targeted comment) to watch a movie with us (complete with syrovy popcorn). That would be nice... Especially on this rainy day where my spirit is lower than my toes are to the ground.

I'm trying to burry myself with people online, but it just doesn't work right anymore.

1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Masovy! Nie Syrovy prosim. Mam radsie masovy, vzdy! The rest sounds great, especially the part about your nice, kind, lovable, sweet, caring, adorable.......jgh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home